“Food should be grown in the city. It should be close to us where we get it fresh and where it doesn’t take up as much energy.”
Lee Kindell - Hydroponics, Mushrooms & the Best Pizza in Seattle - Get Up & Grow Podcast EP #2
On the second episode of the podcast we interview my good friend Lee Kindell, Owner and Craftsman of MOTO Pizza in Seattle, WA. Lee is a super passionate entrepreneur, grower and mushroom connoisseur who integrated his knowledge of hydroponics into his pizza that has a 3 month wait time. He and his wife Nancy are some of the kindest people I know and what they share with their customers is an experience they don't forget.
We discuss some of the following:
• His hydroponic growing during his time running a hostel.
• How he shifted his focus to making pizzas during the pandemic.
• How he integrated growing plants into his pizza making.
• How important sustainability is and how he has integrated it into his business.
• How mycology plays a role in his life and his business.
• His exciting plans for MOTO Farms.
• Tips for anyone thinking of starting their own garden.
Make sure to follow Lee and his business @xoxomotopizza on instagram
and get your preorder in early at his website: https://motoseattle.com/
My favorite pizza that they make is the "PLANT."
This podcast is dedicated to growers like you so we appreciate your feedback so we can provide the best experience possible for the grower community.
Now Get Up & Grow!